The Nordstrom department store is legendary for exemplary customer service: from the earliest beginnings of Nordstrom, a sign hung from the ceiling that read, “If We Sell You Well, Tell Others. If Not, Tell Us.” Well known for putting customers over the company, Nordstrom salespeople are empowered from above to always make it right for the customer. With lessons that can be useful for solo agents, team leaders, and brokers alike, Nordstrom’s business philosophies easily translate into the real estate industry. By taking a page out of the Nordstrom book, from the practical translation of the Nordstrom way into customer relationships to incorporating Nordstrom beliefs into our personal values systems, we can revolutionize our businesses and industry.
What is Zappos? Core Values
TRACKING – for all your lead and business tracking needs, a quick blog post including TWO tracking spreadsheets for your download and use.
NAR CODE OF ETHICS:
- The Nordstrom Way, by Robert Spector and Patrick D. McCarthy
- Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion and Purpose by Tony Hsieh
- Setting the Table, by Danny Meyer
- The New Gold Standard, by Joseph A. Michelli
- The Starbucks Experience, by Joseph A. Michelli
ARTICLES (more reading!):
- Tony Hsieh Reveals the Secret to Zappos’ Customer Service in One Word (Forbes)
- How Zappos Delivers Wow Customer Service on Each and Every Call (Forbes)
- What Every Business Can Learn from Nordstrom Customer Service (Forbes)
- What the Four Seasons Taught Me About Customer Experience (think company)
- The People Create the Experiences: How Four Seasons Built an Army of Customer Champions (medallia)
- How Can You Approach Customer Service Like the Four Seasons? (customer think)
- Your Customer Service is Your Branding: The Ritz-Carlton Case Study (Forbes)
- If You Want to Improve Your Customer Service, Take a Look at How Ritz-Carlton Does It (Inc)
- Why Did Shoes of Prey Fail? It Listened to Its Customers (smartcompany)
NOTE: As with ANY documents and/or strategies, please check with your broker and/or legal counsel before incorporating any new business practices into your business!