Taking care of our clients is the best way to keep business coming in — both in the form of referrals and repeat business. Here are some simple ideas for staying top-of-mind with your clients in the autumn months.
Who doesn’t love free stuff…or at least the opportunity to get free stuff?
- Pumpkin patch fun – partner with a local pumpkin patch for an afternoon or evening of “free” pumpkins (you negotiate a discount and pay for any pumpkins your clients pick up during the pick-up day/time). Be there to shake hands and hand out hot apple cider and treats, too!
- Pie giveaway – host a pumpkin or apple pie giveaway at your office. Clients who have RSVP’d in advance swing by to pick up their pie…and maybe enjoy a sliver with a cup of coffee and some face-time with you!
ITEMS OF VALUE
Fall often means getting ready for winter…make sure your clients are prepared! Send an email or a print piece to your clients and sphere!
- Seasonal home maintenance tips – the leaves are falling, the temps are cooling…help your clients maintain their homes and maintain their home’s value with a few easy-to-follow tips. Click here for a sample of mine.
- Fall curb appeal – what homeowners can do and which plants work in your area for the best curb appeal, whether or not they’re planning to list their home. Click here for an example of mine.
- Remind your clients and consumers why it’s a smart idea to sell their home in the fall (springtime doesn’t have to be the only selling season)!
Bring people together and get face-to-face!
- Annual client party — wrap up the year with a bang, but get it out of the way before the holidays hit
- Coat drive — host a coat drive BEFORE the weather turns cold; perhaps partner with a local department store to hold your event and negotiate a discount for clients who come in, drop off an old coat and buy a new one.
- Halloween candy buy-back — partner with a local dentist or doctor’s office and host a Halloween candy buy-back. Pay kids per pound of Halloween candy they bring in…and provide healthy snacks instead of candy!